An Associated Press article published on January 24, 2010 details the top 10 fatal and injury accident locations outside the Oklahoma City and Tulsa metro areas. For those of us living in these areas or other small towns these areas may sound familiar. According to the article, the top ten most dangerous accident locations outside the metro areas are:
- Tecumseh – U.S. 270 at Benson Park Road; traffic signal installed last year
- Near Anchor – U.S. 69 at Muskogee Turnpike; road-safety audit completed
- Sapulpa – State Highway 66 at Hilton Road-96th Street; safety audit scheduled
- Kansas, Okla. – U.S. 412 at U.S. 59; safety audit scheduled
- Between Canton and Okeene – SH 51 at SH 51A; rumble strips installed recently
- Between Broken Arrow and Oneta – SH 51 at Evans Road-225 E Avenue; being monitored
- Durant – U.S. 69 and Choctaw-Rodeo; audit scheduled
- Durant – U.S. 70 at Streetman Road; audit scheduled
- West of Elk City – Interstate 40B at Merrit Road-Old 66; traffic signal installed last year
- West of McAlester – Indian Turnpike at U.S. 270; audit scheduled
As you travel throughout our state pay special attention to these and other known danger areas. Be a defensive driver and watch for the actions of others.
If you or loved one has been injured or a loved one killed in an auto accident, McIntyre Law, P.C. has the experience and knowledge needed to successfully handle your auto accident case. Contact us immediately after an auto accident and we will discuss the situation with you and come up with a plan of action to help you get compensation for your injuries, property damage or a loved one’s wrongful death. Visit www.mcintyrelaw.com or call toll free 1-866-917-5200 to discuss your case and find out the best course of action to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.