Most Oklahomans have seen the “Click it or Ticket” campaign featuring Oklahoma’s Highway Patrol and other law enforcement officers. As you know, Oklahoma law mandates that you buckle up when in your automobile. While some may not like the government forcing you to buckle up, as a seasoned Oklahoma car accident lawyer I can say without hesitation that it is a good law.
In keeping with seat belt usage, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has released a study showing that
seat belt use in 2009 stood at 84 percent, a gain from 83 percent use in 2008. This result is from the National Occupant Protection Use Survey (NOPUS) which is the only survey that provides nationwide probability-based observed data on seat belt use in the United States.
For those 84% who are wearing their seatbelt, good job, for the remaining 16% lets buckle up lest you become a statistic of someone killed or seriously injured because they failed to buckle up.
If you or loved one has been injured or a loved one killed in an auto accident, McIntyre Law, P.C. has the experience and knowledge needed to successfully handle your auto accident case. Contact us immediately after an auto accident and we will discuss the situation with you and come up with a plan of action to help you get compensation for your injuries, property damage or a loved one’s wrongful death. Visit www.mcintyrelaw.com or call toll free 1-866-917-5200 to discuss your case and find out the best course of action to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.